Friday, August 28, 2015

The Luckiest Girl Alive



Title: Luckiest Girl Alive
Series: No 
Author: Jessica Knoll
POV: Heroine 
Cliffhanger: No 
On a scale of 1 to 5 (highest) stars:
Sexiness: 1
Angst: 3
Plot: 4
Thought Provoking: 4
Hangover: 3
Overall Rating:  3 stars


Category: murder, mystery, high school life, abuse


I really this would have the same premise as that of the book Gone Girl. But it was completely different. Which is a good thing because then it wouldn't have to be known as the book that copied it. Their similarity ends with the mystery aspect of the story. I was expecting more mind boggling twists though. And a more badass heroine. Although the book has a heavy plot, I was wishing for more impact to the twists of the book. It left me wanting for more. The ending also left a bittersweet taste that I wanted more for the heroine. That something wasn't enough.


This book is still worth reading if you want something different. Just a tip, try to get past the first 20% mark and the story will slowly unravel. I almost gave up on the book about that time because it focused on the shallowness of the heroine. There were also instances where the story suddenly inserts another scene from the heroine's memory that leave me feeling confused. There were also times where I skimmed through some scenes because I felt it to be dragging and the writing was a little confusing to understand. Still I finished it and somehow the story ended up just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment