Friday, August 28, 2015

Asking for It




Title: Asking For It
Series: Yes 
Author: Lilah Pace
POV: Heroine 
Cliffhanger: Yes 
On a scale of 1 to 5 (highest) stars:
Sexiness: 4
Angst: 5
Plot: 5
Thought Provoking: 4
Hangover: 5
Overall Rating: 4.6 stars


A powerful and heartbreaking story of two broken characters who found each other and tried to help each other.


Somehow this book reminded me of another great story that I loved so much, The Crossfire series. If you loved it, then you will definitely love this book as well, like I did big time.


I've also read another book with the similar fantasies as that of the heroine, but the story was written half baked and it was pretty boring. This book though was written in a way that it gave justice to the issues surrounding the hero and heroine. It made them real and human with all the flaws that they are trying to mend.


Initially I didn’t have my hopes up in reading this book. I thought that because of the topic this will just be a typical erotica story where I'll get bored with all the sex. I was wrong. The few sex scenes were not written in a dirty way, although it's not arousing because of the setting, and it didn't feel for the heck of it why not insert a sex scene here. The scenes where heartfelt because even though the characters tried to distance themselves, I still felt their connection and their care for each other. As you go along the book you will feel the caring goes deeper and deeper until we know for sure that they indeed love each other. I fell in love with both the characters more.


Although there were quite a few moments where I felt frustrated with the heroine, I felt the hurt of the hero. Though eventually it worked out for them just not for the best.


There are also secondary characters that we can love and there are also those that we can really really hate.


I can't wait for the next book. I can't wait to read how Vivienne and Jonah move forward and find each other.


This book is recommended to those who loved the Crossfire series.

No comments:

Post a Comment