Monday, March 17, 2014

Transcendence - Shay Savage



“I will provide for her. I will protect her. I will give her anything she wants.” 

I was hesitant at first to read this book. I was a bit weirded out because this is a story that transcends time. It's a caveman story and I was thinking that it's not for me. But lo and behold I've been reading good reviews about the book at Goodreads. So I had to read it.

This book is so different from any other book yet so refreshing. I couldn't help but feel the pure unadulterated love of Ehd to Beh. It really is pure love without the modern complications and I can't help but gush how beautiful it is, the writing enabled the readers to feel it.

There were moments were I felt lost because I couldn't understand Beh and there were times were I felt the story was too long. I also would have wanted to read Beh's view. But all these reservations vanished when I reached the end because I felt that despite all these, reading this book is so worth it. I really loved the ending. I especially loved the last part where the situation was explained.

There were also many parts that cracked me up. Getting inside Ehd's mind is like watching a romantic comedy. He's so funny yet so romantic at the same time. It was also arousing without needing too much details and kink.

This book is highly recommended. This book reminded me of The Notebook because of the love of the couple that have no bounds, so like Ehd and Beh's love for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment