Thursday, March 6, 2014

Book Review: Stolen Grace - Arianne Richmonde




"Thank God for even the smallest thing you own in your life because these people don’t even have that.”

"Sometimes you’re not aware of what you have till you’ve lost it. Things can slip away from you like sand running through your fingers."

Told in alternating views of the whole family, including the 5 year old kid Grace.

The start was already heart breaking. You can feel the cracks and the crumbling of a marriage.

However somewhere along the way the feel of the story became like a crime/mystery novel. Somewhere the heart breaking scenes fell through and it felt like a crime movie.

I also got a bit frustrated with the heroine because her trust issues are a bit overbearing.

There were also scenes where I felt there was too much descriptions and I kinda skimmed through it.

I was expecting to cry to the story but I didn't feel it. I was expecting more of the couple talking about their issues. Perhaps more of the back story of what started their marriage issues. Also more of Ruth/Sara's back story. And perhaps see her punished in a way but then I get that the theme of the story is forgiveness and letting go of past hurts and to really move on.

The story was unique and different but I would've preferred if it ended on a definitive state as I still have so many questions left.

This is also my first to read through the mind of a five year old. It was funny and refreshing.

What broke my heart was the situation of the abandoned kids. What I liked about this book is how it compels you to help out and appreciate the little things we take for granted.

This book is recommended to those who love both heartbreaking and crime/mystery type of stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment