Thursday, March 6, 2014

Book Review: Coming Home - Priscilla Glenn




"She wasn’t angry at him; it wasn’t his fault if he wasn’t interested in her that way. In fact, it was something she had sort of suspected all along."

“I don’t mind a little disappointment now and then. It just means you’ve got high standards. I’d rather shoot high and be disappointed sometimes than just live in the middle with the illusion of being satisfied."

“It’s hard to watch someone you care about suffer. But when you love someone, you do it. You do it without question or reservation. You do it because there’s no other option—because the thought of being without them is a hundred times more excruciating than bearing their burden.”

I cannot gush enough how I loved the heroine Leah. I loved her, I like her character, her patience, her strength, her thought process. She is the perfect heroine for the elusive hero, Danny.

From their first interaction, I already felt their connection. I loved their banter and interactions.

I also felt giddy about Danny. He's like the perfect gentleman. I also felt his compassion and strength of character. But there were moments when I really wanted to shake Danny so many times. My heart broke for Leah over and over again with all the back and forth.

The whole time I was reading this book it felt like a breath of fresh air for me. The story was feel good with moderate angst. There were lots of sweetness and love. There wasn't too much details in the love scenes but you will still feel the love from the characters.

This book is highly recommended to those who love heart felt and somewhat light stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment