Monday, March 17, 2014

Shelter You - Alice Montalvo-Tribue



“I know that she’s the kind of complication I wouldn’t trade for the world.” 

I finished this book with a happy heart. It's light with minimal angst yet so heartfelt. It was such an easy read and I finished it in less than a day. This is a completed story and it's not part of a series. It's so refreshing to read a book that doesn't have a cliffhanger. 

This is a story about a teenage mom and how she fought her way in life. Dealt with a cold and cynical upbringing, she finds her way on her own. Her journey is so painful yet so beautiful that one might think it doesn't happen in real life. But this book will inspire you and will make you believe that something like what happened in the book can indeed happen in real life. 

Another plus is that I loved both the hero and heroine. Logan is such a beautiful soul. He was patient and he knew how to push Mia's buttons. While Mia is so unassuming of her strength. Yes there was an instance where her problem could have been resolved easily had she communicated it but then I understood where the writer was coming from, she took into consideration Mia's maturity.

I really loved both characters together, I love their interactions and how they thread around each other. I loved Logan's family. They are such good persons.

This is my first book of Alice Montalvo and I can honestly say that this is not the last. I'm looking forward to more of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment