Monday, March 17, 2014

Her Master's Courtesan - Lily White



"I wanted him to make me his whore. I wanted him to fuck me like no man ever had. I wasn’t a virgin and I wasn’t new to the touch of man."

“I am, in no way, a good man. I do not want love. I do not want kindness.”

I honestly don't know what to feel after reading this book. Although I know that I am appalled and disgusted, more importantly I know that I am still in shock over what I read. This is the darkest book I have read so far and I am not sure I can fathom another. This book is very hard to read and is definitely not for the faint of heart.

From the very start I already felt that  Aiden is a monster. But I wasn't ready to learn was the gravity of it. It was really hard to stomach. He is vile to the bones and he is a coward for not accepting his feelings.

While the heroine depicts confusing actions and I couldn't figure out if she's liking the abuse or rebelling against it. I also felt that she broke down and submitted so easily. I felt her attraction to him. I wanted him to love her. But I just couldn't get over the fact that he is allowing disgusting things to her. To let another man take her and abuse her. I also felt her go numb and become broken. I felt her pain and how strong she is. Her one true strength is not losing hope. I wanted something to happen to her, probably be hospitalized or something towards the end to help Aiden realize her worth because I really felt her pain.

This is really different from the dark romance that I've read because there's not even a pinch of arousing emotions in it. What it is highly disturbing. And what's worse is that the heroine seems to be liking the abuse despite her weak protests.

Story reminds of the Dark Duet series but add 100% disturbing, 100% gross and 100% revulsion, violence, abuse and complete and total mind fuckery all rolled into this book. I couldn't feel any attraction.

The story has a very dark and heavy subject. And although I feel awful about the story, it was still written well. The monster is truly a Master at his craft. For a minute there I was almost brain washed as well that there is a love story somewhere. I almost felt what the heroine felt. Confused and jaded.

Readers beware because this is not a love story. This is about abuse, violence,  manipulation and revenge. You will get manipulated and tricked but it will still compel you to finish the book. But in the end, after all the mind fuck, I was still left confused because I didn't know if it was a happy ending or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment