Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Taming The Beast - Emily Maguire



I am unable to say that I like this book because the story is outright disturbing. The story is so dark and deplorable that I found myself wanting to slap not just the heroine but also the characters that facilitated her alarming actions. I’ve decided to still rate the book despite how strongly I feel against the subject matter because the writer in a sense captured the attention of the readers albeit in a disconcerting manner. I would’ve appreciated also if the writer expounded why Sara and Daniel’s relationship is so destructive. In the end though, to be fair the story left us with insights that the actions of parents has profound effects on the lives of the children. It also helped that we get to read in a third person varying views of the different characters, especially the disturbing mind of the heroine, the martyr best friend, and the twisted older man but it would have been nice if we were given deeper perspectives of their actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment