Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier



“I finally realized that it’s possible to love within a space that sometimes holds nothing but emptiness.. or nothing but darkness. After all, we all have darkness within us. Some of us more than others.” 

Told in alternating views of Jake and Abby, this is a story of two broken souls damaged by incompetent parents. Both being dealt with the harshness of life found each other and forged an undeniable connection.

This book is brutal as it discusses strong topics of abuse and rape. This is a beautiful heart breaking story of betrayal, disappointment, forgiveness and revenge.

Jake is considered a screw up, shunned by his parents and decided lived up to his bad reputation by doing illegal jobs. While Abby is a strong and resilient heroine, that’s hard not to love and respect.

I felt the pain and the hatred and the disappointment in life. I feel for Abby, I’ve cried for her. I also wanted to give up on her life for her. It was so hard to read not because I didn’t like it, in fact I loved it, but because I felt that life was so unfair to her.

I still believe that the end didn't justify the means in his case, but he truly deserved it. It was sick and twisted but well deserved.

The book is catching and interesting and utterly heavy but it was so hard to put down. I read it all in just a day. This book is a standalone. This is highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment