Sunday, November 10, 2013

Guilty Wives - James Patterson and David Ellis


This is the first book I’ve read from James Patterson. After just recently reading mystery and crime genre for a change I was hooked. For fear of giving away spoilers I will only say that this story is about four friends who were accused of murder.

I particularly enjoyed the vacation scenes since it reminded me of Sex and the City. I liked how the story was written because it made me think and I had to write down the clues and details as there were lots of diversion. I didn’t even notice the length of the book since it was fast paced and it was so interesting. I also liked how the chapters were short.

The narration was also exciting as we get to read various views from the heroine, to the prosecutors, the guards, the husbands etc. There were moments when I wanted to shake the heroine Abby because of her stubbornness but I understood her reasons.


The ending was not really a complete shock since there were clues along the way but still it will make you think twice on the next scenes. I liked it! This book is recommended to those who love crime, legal and mystery stories and I can honestly say that this will not be my last James Patterson novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment