Friday, November 1, 2013

Just Remember to Breathe by Charles Sheehan-Miles



“Alex, I don't want to date you. I don't want you to be my girlfriend. I don't want us to be together for just a little while. I want you forever. I want us to look at each other, and say we love each other, and decide to be together forever. Alex...I want to spend our lives together. If we ever decided we want to have kids, I want it to be me and you.” 

This is a beautiful second chance love story between Alex and Dylan. It is heartwarming, intense and heart breaking all the same. The writing is heartfelt and the connection between the two characters is palpable. I loved Alex; I love her strength and resilience. Dylan can be frustrating but he ultimately redeemed himself. There were moments when I wanted to smack him for hurting Alex. The secondary characters are also lovable from Kelly to Sherman to Carrie. Even in the absence of hot scenes, the attraction is there. And when they finally came together it was such a relief from all the heartache of Alex. 

I’m looking forward to reading more from this series. I read this first because this was released earlier than the book 1 (A Song for Julia), will read book 1 next. I love it. This is recommended to those who love heartfelt love stories with moderate subject matter and moderate angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment