Sunday, November 10, 2013

Night Owl - M. Pierce




“She left me alone in the riddle. I needed her because I loved her — or I loved her because I needed her. Why had the feelings turned to a maze? Now I was lost in the dark.” 

This is a slight BDSM story in the premise of a successful literary writer and a wannabe publisher. Matt and Hannah met online and collaborating on a book. They do not know each other until unplanned circumstances forced them to meet. Told in alternating views of Matt and Hannah, the story talks about their love story, how they met and fall apart.

There were lots of hot scenes in this book but it didn't do it for me. The eroticism fell short on my view.

The hero Matt is a weird, reclusive and damaged character. He has certain fixation on things and acts young for his age. Although he kept many secrets he still deserved to be heard. I hated Hannah for not hearing him out and abandoning him.

But anyhow, I felt that I didn't really feel their connection at all. It’s like everything happened so fast. It was also frustrating that I didn't fully understand the character’s actions. I am not totally in love with the book but I liked it enough to not put it down. I read it in just a day.

There wasn't a cliff hanger if you don’t read the epilogue. The last chapter gives us a resolved story but the epilogue says it differently.

Despite my lukewarm acceptance of this book, I still can’t wait to read book 2 since there are still lots of that need answers.

This is book 1 in the Night Owl Trilogy


No comments:

Post a Comment