Thursday, November 21, 2013

Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing



I decided to try this book because I got it free from Amazon.

Initially it was interesting, thrilling, erotic and fascinating.

This is a story of Noah and Piper. Noah is hot alpha male, has issues and baggage, but utterly rich. I felt their chemistry and connection. I liked Piper, she is frank, upfront and straight forward.

However, this book got me in a funk. It had too much description and long inner thoughts of Piper than conversations and character interactions.

Noah is like Christian Grey and Gideon Cross combined. There were some similar situations that I felt it was overused already. I also found the pet names absurd because it was too much, from pet to sweetness to slut to duckling.

At about 60% is where the story picked up. I hoped it to be sooner as it tends to be a bit dragging earlier in the book. I felt that the plot came out only after the 50% mark and I was already starting to think that it was just another BDSM book. It took me a long time to finish this as I said I got into a book funk while reading it along with another book that was too dragging for my taste.


Though the book has so much potential and I liked the characters, just not how long the story played out and how too much twist and turns was put into it. I wanted the crimes, the mystery and the angst to happen earlier. And I also felt that the issues were too many and jumbled up and fast paced that it doesn't make any sense. In the end I still had so many questions like why go into the kink lifestyle blindly? Why they liked it in the first place? Is it fantasy or cure for their past issues? Why the need to be brutal when the issue is just sibling rivalry? How can two men love this Selene when she is an awful person? Why did Selene allow herself to be used? Why tell the police of the crime committed months late? There was just too much that I was just confused in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment