Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book Review: With You and Torn From You - Nashoda Rose






With You (Tear Asunder, #0.5)

Torn from You (Tear Asunder, #1)
 
“Trust is built. Ours just needs to be rebuilt and it takes time. But baby, we’ll do it together.”
 
I decided to first read the prequel to the series, With You. Since it was a prequel to book 1, it was short and fast paced. It tells us of how Logan/Sculpt and Emily first met.
 
In this book their connection they built wasn't as strong yet. I wasn't feeling the connection at first. But what was clear was that Logan is an alpha male and I liked him from the start.  While Emily is a bit frustrating already, with all the repetitive Lego building and self-doubts.
 
The final scene in the prequel is a major cliffhanger. Good thing the next book is also out.
 
Meanwhile, book 1, Torn from You, started with a prologue taken from With You, on Logan/Sculpt and Emily's first time.
 
This book was slow paced and tells us the details of their ordeal. Logan and Emily are frustrating with all the secret b*llsh*ts.But I felt the thrill and frustration of their attraction, longing and disappointments. At about 70% we get snippets of the confusing and mysterious Logan in his view. It was refreshing with all the whining and indecision of Emily. I couldn't help but fall more in love with Logan for not giving up on them.
 
The book has the right amount of action, violence, mystery, romance and sex with light BDSM. This book is highly recommended to those who loved The Artists Trilogy series.
 
It is also important to note that I also loved the other supporting characters, Matt, Kat, Deck, Georgie, Crisis, Ream and Kite. I'd also like to know more about Kai and Raven.
 
I can't wait to read about Ream and Kat in Overwhelmed by You (Tear Asunder #2). I bet it is going to be so angst-y as I already felt it in this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment