Saturday, January 4, 2014

Book Review: Eleonor & Park - Rainbow Rowell



“You can be Han Solo," he said, kissing her throat. And I'll be Boba Fett. I'll cross the sky for you.” 

“I just can't believe that life would give us to each other," he said, "and then take it back."
"I can," she said. "Life's a bastard."
"But it's up to us..." he said softly. "It's up to us not to lose this.” 

I am in love with a teenager. I am totally and unabashedly in love with a sixteen year old. His name is Park Sheridan.

I have already finished reading this book but the story of Eleonor and Park is still in my heart and mind. I have a major book hangover.

I totally get it now why this book won 2013 Goodreads Choice Award for Best YA Fiction. At first I was hesitant to read this because I thought it was a better fit for young teens, hence it’s young adult category. But I sucked it up and tried it and I never regretted reading it.

This book not only proves that even married wives will love this book but also that age is not a matter when reading wonderful stories like this book.

It is innocent, young and fresh. It talks about the wonders of first love, first kiss, first fight, first relationships and first heartbreak. It's thrilling, nostalgic and exciting.

It is swoon worthy and emotional, every pain and heartache is truly felt. My heart bleeds for Eleonor and it beats for Park. I felt every sadness and disappointment and I also felt the pure, unadulterated and untainted love between them.

I want to hug Park's dad and his mom. I want to be like them and follow their example of raising their children. I also want to slap and kick Eleonor's parents and her stepfather Richie.

The ending is not so clear, it's open ended. The readers get to determine it on their own. But I have a pretty good feeling that we will be reading more of them hopefully soon. I read somewhere that the author is not yet done with the characters and I really hope the she writes a sequel. I want to read more how Park and Eleonor will continue with their relationship. I want to see them get married and have kids. I want to know what happened to Eleonor’s awful mother and kid sister and brothers. And I also want to read more of Park’s crazy yet lovable family.


This is highly recommended! 5 stars! This is my first book for 2014 and I love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment