Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review: Find You in the Dark - A. Meredith Walters



“His emotional ups and downs were becoming more and more painful.  It didn't change the fact that I loved him more than what was rational.  But, when do I stop this constant upheaval and protect myself?” 

This is book 1 of the Find You in the Dark series of A. Meredith Walters

This book has been an emotional roller coaster for me. From the first time the lead characters Clay and Maggie met until the last line in the book is emotionally charged and angst ridden. The title really fits the story.

I should’ve read this book sooner! I've had this for quite some time already but I didn't have the guts to go through with reading it. And when I finally did, I couldn't put it down. The story of Clay and Maggie consumed me.

The book has a way of making the readers feel the pain and the struggles of the main characters. From the emotional ups and downs of their relationship and their toxic love story. Some may not agree, but I really liked Maggie. I understood why she did what she had done. She’s young and immature and she has yet to learn the ropes of life. But I loved her fight for life and her patience and resilience.  If I were in her shoes I would've given up from the start. But she was steadfast and she fought for what she feels.  
Clay is the opposite of Maggie, in the sense that he gives up easily. Of course since the mental factor is involved, his actions are kind of hard to understand. His character leaves us with lessons on how we should treat persons with his sickness. How we should sympathize but not be an enabler. Clay helped us grasp the symptoms of having bipolar and personality disorder. One thing though is that even with his manic change in mood, I felt his pain, sadness and his love for Maggie.

I also liked the secondary characters, but I just wanted to commend Maggie’s parents for coming through. They may not be perfect, yet they've always done what is best for their daughter, which is the opposite of what I can say for Clay’s parents.

I seriously cannot wait to read the next book Light in the Shadows.

This book is highly recommended.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment