Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mud Vein - Tarryn Fisher



“I heard everything you didn’t say. I heard it so loudly that I couldn’t shut it off. Your silence, Senna, I hear it so loudly.”

Mud Vein is no doubt a Tarryn Fisher book. It is a typical Fisher book with a troubled heroine that readers can either love or hate at the same time. If you enjoyed Love Me with Lies and you felt hatred for the heroine at first then towards the end you will learn to love her, this book is highly recommended. Sometimes I don’t understand her, and then sometimes I do. Senna reminded me of Olivia in so many ways. But don’t think for one minute that the stories are similar because it’s not. Mud Vein is totally different. 

The story will poke at your interest and it will not let you go until you finish it. I read it in a day because I couldn’t put it down. One thing is similar though, it is brilliantly written and this is one of my best books for 2014. I am also desperately in love with Isaac. You will love him from start to finish. And at the end of the book you will love both him and Senna and you will be desperately seeking more of their story. Please Tarryn Fisher I want more from the story. Don’t end it here and perhaps give us an extended epilogue. Please! 

This book is highly recommended to those who love mystery and with a touch of romance. I loved that the story didn’t focus on the romance which makes it so different and yet you will still feel the love in it. It took me a long time to write this review because I was still experiencing hangover. I am slowly getting over the funk, but I will not forget Senna and Isaac. Much like how Olive and Caleb affected me. I just cannot tell you enough how I love Tarryn’s books and her characters. Note to readers, do not read spoilers, go in blind and you will definitely enjoy this ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment