Saturday, April 5, 2014

Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover



"I’m convinced that people come across others in life whose souls are completely compatible with their own. Some refer to them as soul mates. Some refer to it as true love. Some people believe their souls are compatible with more than one person, and I’m beginning to understand how true that might be. "

The story is so heart felt and heartbreaking. The attraction, the longing, the regret is there, but more importantly the pure and unadulterated feelings will smack you right in the face. Ridge and Sydney's story started and ended so beautifully. But not without struggles and trials. My heart was in such a crunch throughout the whole book.

I loved the heroine, Sydney. She is resilient, caring and lovable. I loved how she kept an open mind. I may not agree with one decision she made in the book, when she stayed at a hotel at his expense, because I pegged her to be a strong heroine. I wanted her to show him that she can stand on her own. Because really that part was a shitty move for Ridge.  

However, I also loved Ridge. His heart is pure and kind. He doesn't have a mean bone in him. Both he and Sydney are perfect for each other because they have a heart of gold. He has some unwise decisions but not entirely, as the heart wants what the heart wants and he has no control over it.

The secondary characters are lovely as well, the driven Maggie, the funny Warren and the elusive Brennan. Because I have a massive hangover of Sydney and Ridge, I would like to request the author for sequels to this story through the secondary characters so that the readers can still catch up with all of them.

This book is one of the most beautiful love stories I've read so far. The love, pain, regret and hope is felt. There were no detailed love scenes necessary. The words that are oh so beautiful is enough. I wasn't able to put it down and had one sleepless night all for the love of Colleen Hoover's books!

There is a twist in the story that left my mouth hanging open. I got confused with it early on because I couldn't believe it. And because of it, the story became beautifully distinct from the other musically inclined love stories. Because of that twist, this story will definitely stay in my heart for a very long time.

I listened to the album as well and it was brilliant and it made me love the story all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment